Federal Update – CARES Act and Families First Coronavirus Response Act
April 2, 2020
On this weekly EC Funder & COVID-19 Learning and Sharing call, ECFC was joined by Sarah Rittling, Executive Director, First Five Years Fund, and Danielle Ewen, Principle, EducationCounsel for a briefing on Federal legislation (including the CARES Act and Families First Coronavirus Response Act) and what funders need to know about these Federal responses, as well as what’s happening in states. Updates were followed by an open discussion on how local and state funders can help providers take advantage of new provisions.
ECFC Members login to view the April 2nd call recording. Registrants for the weekly series will receive the recording link. Others may contact ECFC for more information.
- COVID-19 and State Child Care Assistance Programs, CLASP
- Overview of Child Care Relief included in the CARES Act, First Five Years
- What Child Care Needs to Know About the New Unemployment Insurance,
Bipartisan Policy Center and Committee for Economic Development
- Estimated State by State Allocations of Child Care and Development Fund
from the CARES Act, CLASP
- State Policy Considerations for Child Care After the CARES Act, CLASP