On November 4, 2019, the RCCF announced its first set of grants to nine community organizing groups working to increase equitable access to high quality child care for families across the country. In total, RCCF considered 29 applications from groups in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Most winning applicants have matching grants from state and local private foundations to support these projects. Applicants could apply for a Developing or Expansion grant, depending on the scope of work they presented. The response to the RCCF request for proposals well exceeded funding available to award in 2019.
Parent Voices, a part of the California Child Care Resource and Referral Network (California) [Website]
- Mission: To make quality child care accessible and affordable to all families through a parent-run, parent-led grassroots effort.
9to5 (Georgia) [Website] [RCCF Grantee Profile]
- Mission: To build a movement to achieve economic justice, by engaging directly affected women to improve working conditions.
Coalition for Social Justice (Massachusetts) [Website] [RCCF Grantee Profile]
- Mission: To bring together people affected by and concerned about poverty to advocate for economic opportunity.
Mothering Justice (Michigan) [Website]
- Mission: To build a coalition of well-equipped mother activists — mamavists! especially women of color.
ISAIAH (Minnesota) [Website]
- Mission: To promote racial and economic equity through intentional, intensive leadership development and collective, faith-based actions that work toward systemic change.
OLÉ Education Fund (New Mexico) [RCCF Grantee Profile] [Website]
- Mission: To partner with working families in New Mexico to develop grassroots community organizing capacities that they use to enrich and empower their communities.
Alliance for Quality Education (New York) [Website] [RCCF Grantee Profile]
- Mission: Mobilizing communities across the state to keep New York true to its promise of ensuring a high quality public education to all students regardless of zip code.
Ohio Organizing Collaborative (Ohio) [Website] [RCCF Grantee Profile]
- Mission: Building community power for social, racial, and economic justice in Ohio.
Family Forward (Oregon) [Website] [RCCF Grantee Profile]
- Mission: To advance economic security for women and families, with a particular focus on improving economic security for mothers.