The Grossman Family Foundation
- Address: 133 River Road, Cos Cob, CT 06807
- Phone: (203) 661-2280
- View Website
Areas of Interest:
Early Care and Education
The mission of The Grossman Family Foundation is to help children who are at risk become independent, self-sufficient adults. While the mission states our ultimate goal, our grantmaking focuses on funding evidence based programs and community initiatives for children birth to eight and their families designed to put children on a path to future academic and life success.
Our reason for joining ECFC:
The foundation is a founding member of the Connecticut Early Childhood Funders Collaborative. Our involvement in that collaborative demonstrated that there is power in the voice of a collective of funding partners and membership enabled us to become quickly acquainted with the early childhood landscape including early childhood advocates and state agencies. We joined ECFC to be part of a national group of funders to help us better understand the work of funders across the country, deepen our knowledge and exposure to the national early childhood landscape and at the same time hopefully contribute to the early childhood conversation.
Where our work is focused:
Our work is focused primarily in the state of Connecticut, with a particular focus on communities in Fairfield County.
What we want to work on with our peers:
- Outcome measurement for kindergarten readiness
- Effective strategies for key transitions – i.e. pre-k to K-3
- Communicating policy and practices both top/ down (from state agencies to local early childhood councils) and bottom /up (from community to state)
What we’re working on now:
- Cradle to career collective impact
- Increasing awareness of developmental screening through ASQ
- Social emotional learning
Ask us about:
The partnership between Child Development Infoline and the Norwalk community to increase awareness (through home visiting, early childhood educators and the public school) of the importance of developmental screening through the use of the Ages and Stages Questionnaire.