ECFC Funders Reception @ GFE
From research to the classroom: a peek inside culturally responsive practices in New Orleans
GFE Annual Conference
October 23rd Funders Reception
New Orleans is a city not only known for its rich and vibrant history of innovation in music and the arts, but also for its history of confronting trauma, racial disparities, and cultural divides. This mix provides a proving ground for the powerful influence that culture can have on the lives of young children and families.
GFE conference attendees are invited to join the Early Childhood Funders Collaborative, W.K. Kellogg Foundation, and the W. Clement & Jessie V. Stone Foundation for brief remarks on the impact that culturally relevant practices can have on young children. Guest speakers from Navigate NOLA and Partners In Development will share examples exciting cultural practices being infused into early learning and education systems, and how these practices can be replicated anywhere with equity and culture as an entry point.
- Deirdre Johnson Burel, Program Officer, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Danielle K Wright, Division Director, Navigate NOLA (New Orleans, LA)
- Daniel “Ka‘eo” Goya, Program Director, Partners in Development (Honolu, HI)
Related Session Materials:
- Speaker Bios
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Investment in New Orleans Overview
- Video (2.40min): E lauhoe mai – Preschool heroes in Waiʻanae
Registration for the GFE conference is required for attendance. Learn more about the GFE conference.