Funding Our Future: Generating State and Local Tax Revenue for Quality Early Care and Education
December 19, 2019
Thanks to the work of early childhood leaders across the country, support for early care and education is on the rise. But funding gaps pose a significant challenge to making quality early care and education a reality for more children.
Join ECFC and the BUILD Initiative for a panel of early childhood and tax experts to explore innovative ways to raise funds through dedicated state and local tax revenue. This webinar will outline essential guiding questions and seven tax areas that state and local early childhood leaders can consider pursuing to expand and diversify public funding for early care and education. Interactive opportunities for ECFC members will be included.
Discussions will reference and build on a new report from The BUILD Initiative, Center for American Progress, Children’s Funding Project, Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, and University of Maryland College Park, Schools of Public Health and Public Policy (2019), supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Pritzker Children’s Initiative.
Click here to access the report.
- Harriet Dichter, Consultant, BUILD Initiative
- Elizabeth Gaines, Founder & Director, Children’s Funding Project
- Lisa Christensen Gee, Director of Special Initiatives, Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy
- Kathy Stohr, Project Manager, Pritzker Children’s Initiative
- Katie Wehr, Senior Program Officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
ECFC Members and Collaboratives login to register, or contact ECFC for more information.