Strengthening Early Relationships and Social and Emotional Health
Our Fall 2019 member meeting began with a pre-session hosted by ECFC’s Early Relational Health Committee exploring two innovative models and approaches to supporting the infant and early childhood mental health and well-being of babies, infants, and toddlers by fostering and strengthening relationships between parents and other caregivers and very young children starting prenatally and through the first few years of life.
The presentations lifted up the role of philanthropy in launching these efforts and in leveraging public support, scale and sustainability. ECFC members from Illinois, Washington State, and New Jersey discussed how they are building out these models in their states.
Model 1: Community-Based Doula Program Panel
Panel Slide Deck
- Phyllis Glink, Executive Director, Irving Harris Foundation (Facilitator)
- Brenda Blasingame, Executive Director, HealthConnect One (HC1)
- Diana Rauner, President, The Ounce of Prevention Fund
- Becca Graves, Executive Director, Perigee Fund
Model 2: Cross-System Mental Health Consultation Panel
Panel Slide Deck
- Denise Castillo Dell Isola, Senior Program Officer, Irving Harris
- Katie Kelly, Director of Communications and Community Initiatives, J.B. &
M.K. Pritzker Family Foundation
- Colette Lueck, Project Director, Illinois Mental Health Consultation
- Allison Lowe-Fotos, Policy Director, The Ounce of Prevention Fund
- Penny Smith, Principal Consultant-Early Childhood Division, Illinois State
Board of Education
- Linda Delimata, Mental Health Consultation Director, Illinois Children’s
Mental Health Partnership
ECFC members log in to view the September 2019 meeting attendee list, or contact ECFC for full attendee directory.